4 cup chicken stock
1 cup whipping cream
2 T butter
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
fresh corn niblets from 1 cob of corn
2 T white wine, for deglazing
1 & 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 & 1/2 cup medium cheddar, grated
1/4 cup fresh thyme and rosemary, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a pot, bring stock and cream to a simmer and set aside.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft but not colored. Add garlic and corn niblets and sauté until corn is tender, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with white wine.
4. Add the stock and cream mixture to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. In a slow, steady stream, add the cornmeal and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheddar and fresh herbs. Season with salt, to taste.
5. Pour mixture into pan. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Turn out the polenta and cut into desired shapes.
6. Pan fry the pieces in olive oil and a little butter until lightly browned on both sides or broil in the oven until browned.